Conflikt, the annual Cascadian filk convention held in Sea-Tac, Washington, is now accepting submissions to the Songbook and official convention CD. They’ve also released a progress report with lots of information. Get your submissions in quickly! Details here.
Let us know about Norwescon and nwcMUSIC con reports and wrap-up posts! We’ll link to them here. This post will be edited to add more links as we find them.
- nwcMUSIC Thursday and Friday and Norwescon and nwcMUSIC 2014, Saturday and Sunday, from Crime and the Blog of Evil. Also, there’s a thanks to the nwcMUSIC staff post, here.
- Norwescon 37 Post-Game Film, on Tales from the Ragged Edge
- Norwescon 37 Wrap-up and Recap, from GeekyLibrary doesn’t mention the music programme, but does talk quite a lot about books (go fig).
- Seattle Geekly’s postcon wrap-up: Part 1 has pretty extensive music coverage.
- Off the Written Path has Onions and Roses both for Norwescon 37.
- John Picacio has a short post-con report, which doesn’t mention music but he had a good time.
- A mostly-photos wrap-up post by Jason Andrew
- Victorian Adventure Enthusiast mentions The Doubleclicks.
- A vendor’s view of Norwescon 37.
- Sacnoth’s Scriptorium focuses on Michael Moorcock.
Heather Dale is going to give a house concert at Rainbow’s End in Seattle the Sunday before Norwescon. Details and contact information here if you’re interested!
Dara is also encouraging people to sign up for Cascadia’s Got Talent!, the nwcMUSIC talent show at Norwescon. Acts aren’t limited to music; they’ve had comedians, magicians, things like that. It’s a silly show, with silly prizes, and generally good fun.
The second album from Leannan Sidhe, Mine to Love, has been released on Bandcamp. All songs are playable on Bandcamp except for the cover of Phoenix’s “King of Elfland’s Daughter,” due to copyright restrictions.
On this release, Leannan Sidhe are Shanti Singleton, Alexander James Adams, Betsy Tinney, Mickey Phoenix, S.J. Tucker, Rob Lindfors, Dara Korra’ti, Sunnie Larson, and Wednesday Phoenix, making it a particularly large instantiation of the band.
The album was recorded at PhantaSea Studios and Supervillian Studios, with engineering by Alexander James Adams and Dara Korra’ti, and mastering by Endless Creations.
Prior Conflikt GoH Talis Kimberly has released Songs for the Wood, a six-song EP on Bandcamp for a mere £3. It’s a fundraiser to help her village to purchase the adjacent woodland known as Kings Farm Wood, and safeguard it for the community. The project is being administered by the Wroughton Parish Council and the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust. Details if you want them, on the Bandcamp page.
New video! “Carry Ons.” Jeff and Maya, of course, with Tony Fabris popping in for background vocals. 😀